A gallery of my work organized by year.
Jessica posed for an impromptu shoot with a fantastic iridescent spider web covered fabric back in 2009. Only a couple of these shots ever saw the light of day until now. She had no makeup, no hair styling, just her and the drape in front of a white wall.
Over the ensuing six years, my editing skills have improved significantly so I thought I’d see what I can do with them now. This gallery is the result. Enjoy.
NSW gallery behind the cut.
Back in June of 2011, I had a fun couple of hours in the studio with two of my favorite models from that year. I’ve gotten a higher percentage of good shots out of that session than just about any other that year. A couple of those images even became the centerpiece of three different gallery shows.
As anyone who follows my work knows, I’ve spent a good portion of this year going back over my entire body of work and pulling out those gems that just did not have the tools or techniques to polish at the time. I also have been revisiting the “finished” pieces to see if I can get just that little bit of extra shine from them. This shoot is one of those that I have gotten both new images to show and been able to really refine the quality on some of the ones already deemed “finished”.
Only one of the shots I worked on tonight is work safe and you can see it up top. The rest are behind the fold. As always, use your discretion when viewing.
Over the last few months I’ve gone all the way back to 2000 and revisited all of my shoots. With 14 years of new tools, techniques at my disposal, I thought it’d be nice to see what diamonds I can find in the rather rough ‘cast-offs’ from my old shoots.
Warning: This is a very not safe for work gallery. Male and female nudity, some quite explicit, lies behind here. View at your own risk.
I will be moving all of my work to a new gallery system soon as part of a much larger restructuring and rebuild of my photoblog and my gallery. So enjoy the photos, but don’t let HR catch you, because as we all know, boobies make HR explode.
Click the image for the gallery.
It’s that time again. I’m thinking of making this a weekly post. This time, we’re diving through late 2011 to experiment with more B/W conversions and edits. Images below the fold are NSFW. You’ve been warned. The gallery from the original shoot is here.
We start with an image that I had passed up at the time I shot it. Back then, I couldn’t quite get the emotion I wanted to come out. A bit of work with filters and color.
NSFW images below the fold.
I have just finished adding several new sets and a selection of edits from old sets to my gallery. Some of these you’ve seen in recent posts, but now they are all in one place for your viewing pleasure.
Link to the gallery is here. Photos link there too.
My previous post started up a conversation with one of my favorite models who, surprisingly, has only posed for me twice. Here are a few re-visits and edits from our first shoot together, circa 2006. Enjoy.
I have taken to going back into my archives once a week and pulling out some of the rough gems that I passed over before. These are a few ‘resurrected’ shots from a set I took in 2008 of the lovely Jade.
All of these are safe for work, for a change.
“Saved” this one from my 2011 archives. I took this shot while visiting Oleg Volk in Nashville, TN. The original was a bit rough and way too noisy. I have a few new techniques now and this is the result. If there’s enough interest, I’ll post the original and a brief description of how I edited it.
Back in 2011 I posted this shot of Jessica and a few people asked me to detail how I accomplished it and how much editing it took. I realized that I never actually made that post. So, here’s that post.
(edit: Added one more photo to the gallery. It’s not a part of the sequence below, but was from the same shoot. It’s just too good NOT to include.)
Whenever I feel I’ve made a breakthrough on some new technique, I will go back and revisit some of my photo sets from past shoots. I’ve been known to go back 10 years or more and pull a new gem from the pile and polish it up to something I didn’t even know was possible then.
I’ve done that with a set of the lovely FireBitch from 2011. You’ve seen a few of the images from that set in both color and black & white, but this new tone & texture technique works much better for one of the sequences from that shoot than either of the ones I used then.
Enjoy, and you shouldn’t need the warning by now that images after the ‘more’ are not safe for work. Click for the full gallery.